Monday, June 25, 2012

Final Reason: The Biblical Mandate



So I'm going to have to apologize, and admit that I'm not going to be able to get videos for all thirty reasons posted by the end of this month.

And so I leave you with this clip of me inside Canterbury Cathedral reading the bit where the Bible declares that whoever desires to be a bishop desires 'a noble thing'.

Thankyou for the various ways in which you the watching world have helped and encouraged me.

And now I in turn encourage you, whether you be clergy or laity, whether you be a bishop, a priest, a deacon, or a mere human like myself--to go and preach the gospel to everyone you know. And when they respond, begin discipling them. And don't think that you need a bishop to lay hands on you to make that group of faith-filled disciples a 'real church'.

For as our Book of Common Prayer says, a 'real church' is simply "a congregation of faithful men, in which the pure Word of God is preached, and the Sacraments be duly ministered according to Christ's ordinance".


Go in peace, to love and serve the Lord --
and to revive and reform England by the preaching of the gospel!

No comments:

Post a Comment